Thursday, March 5, 2009

Benny explaines...

Hi, this is me. That is a wonderfully self explanatory statement isn't it? This is Benny...

I am sixteen and currently involved in several different groups in my Diocese. For those of you who are wondering, I am a Roman Catholic. As a Catholic (which is bassically the original Christian, for anyone who ever wondered...), we believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and King, Savior and all that's good. We also believe that Mary, the Virgin Mother of God, is due respect and reverence, not worship. That being said, I will tell you more of the for starting this blog.


First, I am so incredibly blessed to have my faith and family, but also to have my community of fellow Catholics and all other Christians. As a homeschooling kid (I started homeschooling after fourth grade), I have had a lot of opportunities to travel and time in which to do it. my parents really want me to get more familiar with the faith, as they always have and always will. My two older sisters(who are introduced as well as myself below, in the first post) started to get involved in Youth Ministry. I am a part of the Peer Ministry of the Youth Ministry. Also I am the youth getting ministered to and the Youth that helps advise the Adults on what the Youth need or just give them the youth perspective of what they want. It's kinda confusing, but bare with me. There are three main groups I belong to. The first one I joined, about two years ago, is called the Diocesan Youth Council or DYC for short. The second one I joined around the same time is called Vermont Catholic Youth Workers or VCYW for short (there are a lot of acronyms in my life...). Then the last main one is my local Deanery Youth Apostalate. DYA for short, of course. The first two are state wide and the last is mostly local but several times bigger than my parish.

The DYC is a group of mostly youth that plans a retreat called Youth Leadership Congress (YLC for short). This Congress is for teens that already go to Church regularly and are in the state of Grace. Each year, we come up with a theme that teaches them about different ways to go out and live a holy and evangelistic life.

The VCYW is a group of mostly adults that plans a variety of helpful trainings and or prepares resources for Catechises purposes. There are several different committees in this group to help accomplish this as well as can be(One of which Catherine and I are co-chairing.

The DYA is a group of people (equally youth and adults) that want to get together a couple times a month to exercise the faith with the people they know and like. There are committees in this group as well (Catherine is chair and I am the co-chair of one.).

All of these committees have lots of jobs to do and many things to concentrate on, so I often find myself confused as to what I supposed to be doing for which group or committee. So besides all of this, I love to go to retreats and or pilgrimages. So guess what the name is of both the committees that Catherine and I are chars of! Ding, ding, ding!!! "Retreats and Pilgrimages"!!! I honestly couldn't think of a more wonderful crowd to hang out with though.

Mary really does pour our her Graces on me and my sisters like pie filling into a pie crust! As long as I keep my crust filling thin and smooth, (keep my heart empty of worldly worries and sins) Mary will make me more worthy of Heaven. That's what I'm counting on!

Please pray for me and I will be praying for you. Have a wonderful day!

In Christ,
Benny

No comments:

Post a Comment