Friday, March 6, 2009

Meet C. ...

Hi, Bridge explained this blog rather well, so I don't actually have to say much on that account.

I want to share a bit of my faith story, and my retreat story too! (they have much to do with each other).

The first retreat that I ever went to was called Youth 2000. It took place in Massachusetts, and it was a weekend retreat (as opposed to a one day retreat). Youth 2000 is hosted by the Franciscans(I think it's the Friars of the renewal, but I'm not positive). They are so wonderful! They really bring out the feeling of the true Faith. They breath life into the Church, they describe and explain things so well, as to open me up to even consider the religious life!

This retreat followed the basic awesome retreat schedule:
Registration
Food
Mass/Prayer
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament for Perpetual Adoration(through the night and everything!)
Lights Out by 11:00 or so
Wake Up at around 6:30 or 7then Breakfast
____________________________________________________
This day(usually Saturday) is the day that all the talks and workshops happen.
At Youth 2000 we also have small group times to discuss the talks, and all the Speakers are Franciscans! The most common talks to have would be the Vocational talks, and then you can have talks based somewhat on that year's theme.
____________________________________________________

The meals happen throughout, and a couple of breaks. We don't want to make this retreat too grueling! ; )

I remember one year, the talk that was given in the evening was about the Way of the Cross. A talented Franciscan did an awesome in depth talk (he had props and it was very involved) about the way it must have been like for the Lord to be crucified back then, and what the crucifiction entailed.

Youth 2000 also trains an awesome team of youth who help outat the retreat and are the small group leaders. Though, I think they had to cut back on the youth help, since last time they had Brothers and Sisters leading the small group sessions.


As for my faith story, I usually just think of my vocational discernment, and what journey that has taken me on.

It think I will save that story for next week... ; D

Love you all!!

in Christ,
C.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, C. I've never been to that retreat so that was interesting for me. I wish I could have gone... :-I

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete